Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Friday, October 03, 2008

Memphis Film Festival, Bari Revisited, Tigers Finally Beat UAB and Football Picks

The Indie Memphis Film Festival kicks off October 9 at Studio On the Square. There are several great films on the list this year, with Song Sung Blue and Neshoba being highly recommended.

The other night, I managed to stop by Bari for a quick drink and snack. This was my first visit to Bari in almost a year. It was good to see some familiar faces at the bar and the service was fantastic. I guess I should stop by more often.

Looks like Memphis finally snapped their losing streak against UAB. Good for the Tigers. While watching the game, I noticed that Tigers and Blazers were playing for a bronze-rib trophy. Once again, Memphis is the bbq champion.

Football picks for the weekend.

Tennessee over Northern Illinois

Mississippi over South Carolina

Vanderbilt over Auburn

Southern Miss over UTEP

New Orleans Saints over the Minnesota Vikings