Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's Holiday Time

Christmas is only a couple of days a way. One of the best parts about the time of year is going to holiday parties. Time spent with co-workers, friends, free booze and food...what's not to love?

Over the past couple of weeks I made it to a few company holiday parties, the best being at Napa Cafe with NL's company. Great food and good wine. With her "Pass The Trash" gift exchange, I think we she came away with a wonderful knife set.

My office had an okay party, but it was hard to let loose on a Wednsday night. If held on a "school night," companies parties should come with an arrive late at work card for the next day. Otherwise, move the parties to a Friday night. I have no problems getting sauced up for free with co-workers on a Friday night and then going out after. Anyway, we had decent finger foods, an open bar and a Dirty Santa gift exchange. After my original gift was stolen (a back massager), I wound up with a glassware set of 6 pint glasses and 6 shot glasses. I'm fairly confident that these will come into use.

Christmas time wouldn't be complete without a holiday dinner party at a friend's house. I contributed 4 bottles of wine and some home made Italian rice balls to the gathering. The seven of us shared 6 bottles of wine and 5 bottle of champagne along with a tremendous meal of beef tenderloin and several side items. Needless to say, I was dying the next morning. Champagne is evil.

I'm glad this year's holiday parties were some what low key. I'm sure my body appreciates it. Little does my body know, I'm saving the best party for New Year's Eve.