Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Restaurant Commentary: Nuvolari's - Mandeville, LA

For Christmas Eve dinner, my family went to Nuvolari's in Mandeville, LA. This was my first visit to this Italian restaurant in over five years. As always, the atmosphere and staff were excellent.

For appetizers, the table enjoyed crab cakes and potato gnocchi with a gorganzola cream sauce. Both were splendid. My main course was a pork osso bucco. The braised pork was tender and falling of the bone. I highly recommend it. Others at the table had pecan crusted chicken pasta, genoa shrimp and beef tornedos. All were very happy with the meal.

Although we had a wonderful bottle of 2002 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner, I was not impressed with the wine list. There were a couple of nice bottles on the list, but that was it. Otherwise, it was filled with a good bit of average wines.

Don't let the wine list keep you away, I still recommended Nuvolari's in Mandeville, LA. Located just minutes from the Northshore Lakefront, it would be a perfect place to enjoy a meal with your family or your significant other.

If you go, ask for Albert as your server.