Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Seattle Day 3: Breakfast of Champions, Otters, Baseball and Dining

This the last in the installment of the Seattle visit series. All apologies for the delay.

On our final day in Seattle, we slept in a little late and joined other members of the group for a pre-game meal. Later in the day, we were going to Safeco Field to see the Mariners host the Red Sox. We arrived in the dining area to find a breakfast of hot dogs and chilli, hamburgers, etc. Surprisingly, at 10:30am a hot dog hit the spot.

After snacking on a frankfurter, NL and I went to the Seattle Aquarium. It was located right on the Sound and featured sea lions, otters and other wildlife found in the Northwest. I had a good time there. There are several interactive activities to participate in. Definitely something that both younger and older visitors can enjoy.

We then walked to Safeco Field for the baseball game. We took the long route along the Puget Sound. Along the way, we came across one of my favorite Seattle treats...mini-donuts. I can't explain why I get so excited about mini-donuts, they are just that damn good!














I was very impressed with the baseball facility. Lately, I've only been going to college and minor league games. The lower level games made me forget how big baseballs stadiums are at the Major League level. The Red Sox Nation was in full force on this Saturday. I would estimate the crowd was comprised of at least 50% Boston fans.

We left the game early and went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner with some of my friends that live in Snoqualmie. Mark picked us up took us to the Salish Lodge for dinner. The restaurant is located in Snoqualmie with an incredible view of the mountains. The eatery also sits on top of waterfall. It was definitely a site to see.

I was craving a steak for dinner, but quickly changed my mind when I noticed the only steak on the menu was $75. I opted for the duck, which was excellent. I think everyone else had the salmon. We also shared a tastey bottle of wine. I would share the details, but I can't remember much about the name.

After dinner, Mark brought us back to our Downtown Seattle hotel. I figured we would go out, but we were bums and called it a night. The next day, we flew back to Memphis.

Seattle is wonderful place to visit. I hope to go back again soon.