Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Review: Costumes, football and more football

Friday night started out the #10 Main Street party. I had a good time dressed up as a redneck trucker. The beer was flowing nicely and I even danced a little. NL looked great in her country bumpkin costume. I'll post pictures as I receive them.

After the party we stopped at the Blue Monkey in Midtown for a couple of beers. There were only a handful of people dressed up at the Monkey, so we received a few glares and a couple of laughs. A female at the bar thought my redneck greasy hair was real. She questioned NL about it and I had to remove my hat to show her it was wig.

Saturday was spent watching football. It was good to USC lose to Oregon State, unfortunately is was bad to see Southern Miss lose to East Carolina. In a series that has historically been dominated by USM, ECU held the Golden Eagles to less than 200 yards of total offense. USM hasn't looked good all year, yet they have a 4-4 record. Go figure.

This week USM takes on Memphis on Sunday at the Liberty Bowl. The game will be televised by one of the ESPN networks. Memphis has won 2 in a row against Southern Miss and has taken 3 out of the last 4. USM needs to win this game. If not, Bower should be fired.