Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Check please!

After an intense post-4th of July morning work session, I went to the Blue Plate Cafe on Poplar for lunch with a couple of co-workers. Known for serving breakfast all day and plate lunches, we figured we could grab a quick bite to eat and head back to the office.

After we were done with our meals (I had the burger with bacon and cheese - no fries), I noticed something on the wall near my co-worker. I quickly glanced over and there it was, a nice-sized cock roach loitering near the beverage and condiments station. My stomach quickly began to turn. Our bill arleady paid, we hurried out of the restaurant.

On the way out, I noticed the restaurant scored an 84 on the health inspection. Based on the cameo appearance by our crawling friend, I think the score should be significantly lower. Is this something I should report to the Department of Health?

Needless to say, I won't be going back to the Blue Plate Cafe (all locations) any time soon.