Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Monday, August 28, 2006

Friday Fun: Mantia's and Bowling For Bears

I visited Mantia's for lunch on Friday. For those who haven't been, Mantia's is a locally owned and operated restaurant and market located on Poplar and St. Nick. I had the California BLT, the standard BLT with advacado and sprouts. It's one of my favorite sandwiches in Memphis.

NL was going to buy some of Mantia's pickles, but forgot. On Sunday I received an email from Mantias announcing that they do not sell their pickles. However, they did provide the recipe to make them yourself. I think I've found a fun project for the weekend.

Friday I night I went to Billy Hardwick lanes for the Jaycee's Bowling For Bears fundraiser. Teams of 4 competed for bragging rights and prizes from 7-9pm. Our team came in third place. Not bad for a 4 non-bowlers. Hardwick's seems to be a cool place to bowl. I might have to go there next time a get the urge to earn a few gutter balls.