Now On Twitter @MEM_Lagniappe

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Monday Update: Sent Home Early, Jambalaya, Old Vine Zin & Animal House

Monday's are always interesting at my office and yesterday was no different. At 11am our building lost power. It was lunch time, so we went to grab a bite to eat. While we were out, we were notified that we shouldn't come back until 1:30. No problem, its not that hard to kill time and stay away from work.

We returned at the requested time to find the office fully operational. Then about 15 minutes later, the power went out again. After waiting around for 45 minutes or so, company officials sent us home for the day.

I could have had a productive afternoon at my house, but I elected to take a nap instead.

NL called me around 5:15 and we agreed to have dinner at my house. I prepared a sausage jambalaya dinner that was pretty darn good. We also shared a bottle of 2003 Seghesio Old Vines Zinfandel (Sonoma County). It was a rich, savory wine with hints of rasberry, cherry and clove flavors...one of my favorites.

Later in the night, I watched Animal House on HBO. This is a classic movie that I can't seem to turn off when I catch it on TV. I laugh as much now as I did when I first saw the movie roughly 20 years ago. The Blues Brothers and Drumline (yep, Drumline) are just a couple examples of movies that just suck me in.

I wonder what Fawn Lebowitz actually looked like?